NEW YORK (WETM) – On Monday, New York released a new COVID-19 guide for billiards / pool halls and wedding venues.
Pool / pool halls are reopening March 5 in New York with 50 percent capacity outside New York City and 35 percent capacity in New York City. Players must always wear a mask except when sitting and eating / drinking.
Each party must be assigned a table where either physical barriers or mandatory social distancing are enforced.
Staff must also “thoroughly clean and disinfect” any equipment they rent or share between games.
From March 15, weddings and catering events can begin COVID-19 testing of all customers prior to the event. The venues are used to 50 percent, with no more than 150 people attending the event.
Participants must log in with contact information and masks at all times except when they are sitting or eating / drinking.
Ceremonial and socially distant dancing is allowed under “strict guidelines”.
Anyone planning to host a major event must notify the local health department in advance.
Governor Andrew Cuomo also announced that New York cinemas may reopen on March 5th with the following COVID-19 guidelines:
- The capacity of the venues is limited to 25 percent, with no more than 50 people per screen.
- Masks are required at all times except when you are sitting and eating or drinking.
- Assigned seating is required in all theaters.
- Social distancing between the parties is required at all times.
- Additional staff is required to control occupancy, traffic and seating and to ensure compliance.
- Improved air filtration, ventilation and cleaning standards must be adhered to by the theaters.
- This action brings New York theaters in line with theaters in the rest of the state.
“From day one, we’ve been saying our COVID recovery isn’t a choice between public health and the economy – it has to be both – and in New York we’re showing how to do it safely and intelligently.” Governor Cuomo said. “Thanks to the hard work and dedication of all New Yorkers, our infection rate is now the lowest we’ve seen in three months and we are now reopening a variety of recreational activities across the state, including pool halls, weddings, and movie theaters in New York City. As our infection rate continues to drop and the vaccination rate continues to rise, we will continue to reopen various economic sectors of our state and focus our efforts on rebuilding our state better than before. “